PERCH LEATHER- BOLD IS BEAUTIFUL!
THE SKINS ARE LARGE AND THICK WITH ROUGH TEXTURE. THE BIG SCALES LEND PERCH LEATHER A UNIQUE CHARACTER. IF WE LEAVE THE SCALES OPEN, THE LEATHER HAS A NATURAL, RAW AND WILD TEXTURE. WE CAN ALSO SMOOTH THE SURFACE, CLOSING UP THE SCALES WITH VARNISH, BUT THE CHARACTER OF THE LEATHER REMAINS THE SAME. PERCH LEATHER LOOKS GOOD IN BOTH LIGHT AND DARK COLORS, AND WHEN COMBINED WITH METALLIC FINISHES THE SCALE PATTERN IS INTENSIFIED. WHATEVER THE FINISH AND TEXTURE, PERCH LEATHER ALWAYS CALLS FOR ATTENTION.
- Length and width: Hides of perch skin are 50 to 60 cm long and 14 to 20 cm at the widest point.
- Size: The size of hides from the Nile perch varies greatly. The size is measured in square feet, and the average size is one square foot.
- Thickness: Average 0.8 mm
- Tear strength: 90 Newtons
- Heat resistance: 90 - 100° C
- Color: We carry around 50 colors in our perch leather range (but we can always do Pantone colors).
- Textures: Perch leather offers two main textures: Open scales, a rougher texture or closed scales, which is more refined.
- Finishes: Both textures (open or closed scales) offer a wide range of different finishes. Atlantic Leather can now offer nearly fifty different finishes.
- Origin: The Nile perch is fished for human consumption from Lake Victoria, by the people of the surrounding countries: Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Atlantic Leather sources its fish skins from fish-processing companies in Africa.